Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stop & Go

Every morning while in New York I got up early and walked the streets before all the chaos began.  I walked for my physical training and I prayed, looked and listened for my spiritual training.  Since I was walking for time and not distance, I had no real destination in mind.  Therefore, I quickly discovered a method for my madness.  In order to keep on moving and keep my heart rate up (and not die in the streets of New York), I simply started following the pedestrian lights wherever they might lead me.

  You see at every intersection in Manhattan there are cross walk lights, thousands of them!  So as I approached an intersection, I made my choice as where to turn by simply following the little white walking man and not the dreaded red hand.  After a short while, it became so easy.  I didn't even have to think about it anymore.  I mentally checked out and simply and quickly followed the little white man all over the city. 

It wasn't until the third day that the Lord impressed these words on my heart; "This is the way I want it to be with me."  In that moment my mind turned to Isaiah 30:21 that says "whether you turn to the right hand or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it."  I immediately prayed,  "This is what I want Lord.  I want to get to the place in my life where it is simply my nature to look and listen for you at every intersection of my life and quickly obey and follow you at every turn!"  I pray today, that there will come a time when I don't even have to think about it anymore.  Stop, Go, Right, Left, Yes, No... You give the command Lord and consider it done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment