Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Wrong Question

For many years now I, along with many others in my life, have been seeking for more of the Holy Spirit.  I have sought a fresh touch, a deeper experience with Him.  This week as I started slowly digesting the book of Acts the Lord revealed to me that we have been asking the wrong question.

I have been asked "How can I get more of the Holy Spirit?"  I have asked that question myself.  I now believe that the real question should be "How much of me does the Holy Spirit have?"  I am convinced that all of the Holy Spirit you will ever get, you get the day you trust Christ as the Savior of your life.  At that moment you are "baptized with" or "filled with" the Spirit of God. 

Since the Holy Spirit is a person, we get Him in full.  All of Him.  All He has to offer is ours in Christ.  He cannot give us more or less of Himself.  So lets stop asking for more of Him and start giving Him all of us! 

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has comes on you.  And you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."  ( Acts 1:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment