Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What a way to start the day!!!

I got up early every morning in Nicaragua around 5 am and settled in with my Bible, my journal and a hot cup of Nicaraguan coffee under the Rancho out by the ocean.  I spent about 2 hours just reading, writing, listening and talking with my heavenly Father.  The time went by so quickly and was so precious to me.  The Spirit of God spoke so loud and clear to me each new day as I set aside the time to hear from Him.  (And yes those are my feet!)  Remember the Bible says "Beautiful are the feet of those who carry the gospel." 

Most of us as believers in Christ live way to busy, way to safe and way to self- sufficient to ever hear from the Spirit of God.  We seldom experience His power and presence because we have arranged our lives to the place where we are never desperate enough for Him to show up.  What a shame!  I want to challenge us all to rearrange our lives in such a way that we hear fresh and new from God's Spirit each new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment