Thursday, June 30, 2011

Modern Day Apostle

Monday was an incredible day for me.  I met the most Godly man I have ever known.  He is 71 years old and one of the Fathers of the underground Church movement in China.  As I sat and listened to him for over 2 hours it was as though I was listening to a continuation of the book of Acts.  His stories of imprisonment and persecution were gut wrenching.  His stories of the miraculous peace and deliverance of the Holy Spirit were amazing!  It put a longing and desire deep inside me to experience Him in this same way, even if it means suffering and persecution.

It reminded me of the the words of the Apostle Paul in Philippians 3:10; "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings..."

The Lord's Spirit is prompting me in two distinct ways these days:

1.  I feel that He is calling me to be a part of reaching the unreached in hard, out of the way places with the gospel.  To take the road less traveled with the love of Christ.

2.  I feel a strong direction to fully understand the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life, ministry and future.

It seems as though these two are inseparable. Please pray with and for me as we run after all the Father had in store for us just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment