Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a Day!

Today was an incredible way to end the first leg of my sabbatical.  It started off with an early morning prayer walk through the city where God showed me some new things.  Then back off to Brooklyn Tabernacle for a time of teaching and prayer with the BT Staff led by Pastor Cymbala.  Then the long awaited highlight of the trip came with the Powerful Tuesday Night Prayer Meeting!  The house was packed with 4000 plus prayer warriors, standing room only.  The presence of the Lord was strong!  At one moment I was overwhelmed with God's Spirit as we all at one time, two by two, prayed out loud.  The sound of the prayers was deafening as we all cried out for a continued movement of God in China.  And believe it or not, as I was leaving  a man called out my name form across the room.  It was another Pastor from East Tennessee who just happened to be passing by on his way to Nova Scotia.  Imagine that!















The night was capped off as Melissa and I prayed over the city of New York from the top of the Empire State Building. And then we began to pray over our city as well. We asked the Lord to pour out His Spirit in a mighty way in Northstar and Knoxville in these last days! It reminded me of the time in scripture where Jesus prayed over Jerusalem from the Mt of Olives. It was a special moment I won't soon forget!  What a God sized adventure so far.  I can't wait to see what He has in store for me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment