Saturday, May 28, 2011

God Loves NY

Wow, what a crazy day today!  At 5:45 am Melissa and I hugged our daughter Erin goodbye as she dropped us at the Knoxville Airport.  By 10:30 am, we sat having an early lunch in a small Manhattan diner.  All day my mind has raced with this thought;  what in the world would the Apostle Paul think about all this?  I imagine he would say, "Are you kidding me, you can jump in that little silver thing and in a day be half way around the world? Let's go!  This is an incredible way to spread the Gospel!"

As I sat in Times Square today among thousands of people from all over the world, I was reminded that God loves them all and has given us the incredible opportunity to be a part of reaching them with the love of Christ!

With air travel and an abundance of technology, the world is getting smaller every day.  Just the fact that I can sit here in my hotel room tonight and send this message out around the world in an instant blows me away.  I am more convinced than ever before that we are living in the last days and that we should use every possible means available to spread the Gospel.  Yes, even Blogs and Facebook.  There I said it (Vogel/Smith). 

I am so excited about how the Father will use Northstar to be a part of reaching the world from right there in Knoxville, Tennessee.  I am full of anticipation of our time at Brooklyn Tabernacle all day tomorrow.  We will hear Pastor Jim Cymbala at 12 and then Dr. Tony Evans at 3.  Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment