Monday, May 30, 2011

Blessed!



Today is a Memorial Day I will remember for a long, long time.  I visited Ground Zero and was reminded of the tragedy of 9-11 with the shrapnel cross of iron mounted on the wall of St. Peters Church.  I was then filled with great joy as I examined the new Freedom Towers draped in American flags half way to completion rising up from the dust and ashes.  I then sat and watched the sunset over the Hudson river with the Statue of Liberty off in the distance.  I took the opportunity to personally thank many of the Military men and women on Holiday leave all over the city.  The day was only to be topped off with the sight of the Empire State Building lit in red,white and blue towering over the Manhattan skyline. I am so blessed to be a believer in Christ born in the United States of America! 
                                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment